September 21, 2017
Kaijo’s new Phenix Hyper ultrasonic cleaning generator along with the Hyper immersible transducer deliver improved cleaning performance using the latest ultrasonic technology. The generator can be used with the standard sweep frequency mode but also features the new Hyper mode that improves cleaning effectiveness with a uniform ultrasonic pattern that completely fills the process tank.
Typical ultrasonic controls are included in the generator’s standard functions and it can produce up to 1200 W output power. Its user-friendly operator interface makes process control transparent and an assortment of alarm, display and interlock functions ensure safe and reliable operation. Together with the Hyper immersible transducer, the new system helps avoid incomplete or non-uniform cleaning and reduces the possibility of surface damage to cleaned parts. Hyper mode allows finely tuned cleaning and removes small particles and deposits completely.
Phenix Hyper Ultrasonic Generator Features
Operating at 78 kHz and delivering adjustable output power up to 1200 watts, Kaijo’s Phenix Hyper ultrasonic cleaning generator incorporates advanced technology and a complete set of controls and alarms. Specific generator functions include:
- Auto tuning – the generator automatically adjusts to changing process environments
- Oscillation verification and alarm
- Choice of standard sweep mode or advanced Hyper mode
- Eight-level power adjustment through remote oscillation terminals
- Remote interlock terminals
The new vacuum fluorescent display (VFD) shows operators key process variables, alarms and settings and allows control of the cleaning process. Output power is displayed in teal time and alarms displayed include upper output limit, lower output limit, transducer error, abnormal inner temperature, interlock alarm and six different types of memory error.
The ultrasonic generator provides the following characteristics:
- Output 10 to 1200 Watts adjustable in 1 watt increments
- Dimensions 350 x 440 x 165 mm, W x D x H, weight 11 kg
- Power supply 200 to 240 V, single phase, 50/60 Hz, 12 A
- Ambient 1 to 40 degrees C, 0-80 percent humidity (no condensation)
Working with the new Hyper immersible ultrasonic transducer, the system represents an easy-to-use turn-key solution for applications with an existing cleaning tank. The Hyper ultrasonic transducer is matched to the Phenix Hyper generator with a 78 kHz operating frequency and a 1200 W maximum power capacity. The transducer is made of a high polish stainless steel, weighs 17 kg and measures 365 x 280 x 100 mm. It is suitable for immersion in cleaning solutions up to 80 degrees C.
Phenix Hyper Generator and Transducer Benefits
The new ultrasonic cleaning generator and transducer set combines improved cleaning with easier operation and more reliable performance. Parts made from metal, ceramics and glass can be cleaned effectively on all sides, even when they have complex shapes with hard-to-reach places. The Hyper ultrasonic cleaning technology works wherever the cleaning solution can penetrate, removing fine contaminants quickly and completely throughout the cleaning tank.
Benefits of the new technology include:
- The Hyper Mode achieves three-dimensional cleaning of complex shaped objects to insure all surfaces of irregular shaped objects are cleaned
- Solutions to problems of poor or incomplete cleaning or surface damage to cleaned parts
- Can be used with plain water or with mild detergents in cleaning solutions heated up to 80 degrees C
- User-friendly interface is easy to use
- The generator and transducer can be placed into service immediately in a turn-key configuration without a complicated installation and set-up
Kaijo can help customers with ultrasonic cleaning solutions and advise where the new Hyper technology would be appropriate. With extensive experience and unparalleled expertise in the ultrasonic field, Kaijo can evaluate a customer’s cleaning needs and make recommendations from its complete line of ultrasonic cleaning products, including those using the new Hyper technology.